Friday, February 21, 2014
1.Can you give us an update on what has been going on with the band since the recording of the new album?
1. A whole lotta rockin'. Work. Some beers. Disarray. Weed. Bourbon. Chaos. Love making. Nihilism.
2.You have a new album coming out in March, can you tell us a little bit more about the musical direction the band has taken with the new recording and also how does it differ from your previous release?
2. We've ventured a bit more out of the sludge at times into a more "metal" realm and there are more melodic and psychedelic moments than previously. We've taken the vocals up a level with our new member Ben, mixing in more clean singing, harmonies, and soaring screams. The new album was written more in a story form.
3.Can you tell us a little bit more about the lyrical topics and subjects the band explores with the new release?
3. Kittens. Puppies. Hot Pockets. Darkness. Garbage burning. Disenchanted forests. Skeletons.
4.The band is from Portland, Oregon do you have a very big following in your home state?
5.What are some of the best shows that the band has played over the years and also how would you describe your stage performance?
5. Some of the best bands we've played with are: Weedeater, ASG, Anciients, Lord Dying, Rabbits, Stoneburner, Humours, Drunk Dad, Holy Grove, etc.
6.Do you have any touring or show plans for the new release?
7.Currently you are unsigned, are you looking for a label or have received any interest?
7. Yes. .
8.On a worldwide level how has the feedback been to your music by fans of doom metal, stoner, and sludge?
8. Pretty good, 415 Likes on facebook baby! But we're planning worldwide domination.
9.What musical direction do you see the band heading into during the future?
9. Accelerando, decrescendo, rallentando, whatever.
10.What are some bands or musical styles that have had an influence on your newer music and also what are you listening to nowadays?
10. Sludge, Doom, Metal. Yob, Melvins, Red Fang, Torche, Big Business, Soundgarden, Death Grips. Mastodon.
11.Do you have any non musical interests?
11. Hedonism, the outdoors, adrenaline, beer, weed, literature.
12.Before we wrap up this interview, do you have any final words or thoughts?
12. Thanks for listening! Crush. Destroy. Repeat.