1. Can you give us an update on what is going on with the band these days?

Nine Records in Poland will be releasing the Vestal Claret full length Bloodbath on CD in the next coming weeks.  This music was composed in 2005-2006 and is in essence the Vestal Claret debut that Phil and I composed after the release of the Two Stones split with Atlantean Kodex.  We will soon start compiling material for the follow up to Bloodbath that is planned to release this year on No Visible Scars.

2. How would you describe the musical sound of the newer material and how it differs from previous releases?

The newer material that we have put together has been more simple and straight forward.  Also, the music has been produced in a more urgent fashion.  

3. What are some of the lyrical topics and subjects the band explores with the music?

Sacrificing virgins, summoning the Devil, Cults snatching up young ones, orgies, Evil doings ; it's like a powerhouse 70's Satanic Cult movie transformed into albums.

4. What is the meaning and inspiration behind the bands name?

Vestal Claret translates literally to Virgin Blood.  The inspiration is the spilling of virgin's blood and other acts and deeds of the like.

5. What are some of the best shows that the band has played so far and how would you describe your stage performance?

Vestal Claret has never played live, we are strictly a recording project.

6. I have read that the band is split up, did the band reform or is it still on hiatus?

The band reformed in 2010 with the release of the 7" Virgin Blood.   We then continued to release a version of "Bloodbath" with guest performances on double vinyl, the "Kissing Flies / Black Priest" split with Albatross (India), a split with Ungod (Germany) and now "Bloodbath" (band only version) will be released in the coming weeks.

7. Recently you put out a split album with Ungod, what are your thoughts about the other band that participated?

I am honored to have shared a cassette with Ungod.  They are different than Vestal Claret, but share a similar anchor in the way things were done when they were done right.  They are new but familiar and remind me a bit of Sodom, who I have always felt great listening to.

8. On a worldwide level how has the feedback been to your music by fans of metal?

For the most part, I feel it's been great.  I've seen a few reviews that have made me chuckle and think that the person writing just didn't get it, but I've seen some encouraging words on the interweb. It seems that our fans are spread out over the globe and I truly appreciate them.

9. What is going on with the other musical projects these days?

Well Phil is always got multiple projects going.  Seamount's "Earthmother" has just been released and there is a new Briton Rites in the works.  Michael and I will be working soon on material to the next King of Salem record, which will be the bands 4th release.

10. What are some bands or musical styles that have influenced your music and also what are you listening to nowadays?

I'd say every metal record I absorbed growing up is what influences the metal I create now.  I listened to what my friends were listening to and stepped out and bought albums that I hadn't been exposed to solely because of the cover artwork.  I remember picking up Fates Warning "The Spectre Within" because I liked the artwork, and my buddy was mocking me because he thought their name wasn't manly.  I loved that record and still to this day listen to it with reverance.  Lately I have been listening to classic Rush records.  That's how I learned to play the bass guitar, learning and jamming out Rush tunes.

11. How would you describe your views on Satanism and Occultism?

They make great song subjects and inspire great metal.

12. Outside of music what are some of your interests?

I love to watch films and try to always be engaged in a book.  I read a few Dark Horse comics.  As you can see by liner notes, I have an interest in producing and engineering underground music.

13. Any final words or thoughts before we wrap up this interview?

Thanks for your interest in Vestal Claret and for the interview.