Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Biohazard Interview


1. Can you give us an update on what is going on with the band these days?
Right now, we're working on a new Biohazard cd. Heading out on tour in a few months.

2. How would you describe the musical sound of the new album and how it differs from previous releases?
Reborn in Defiance has everything that is Biohazard, from all our past albums, musical influences...the highs, lows, musical and heavy ass grooves...after being apart for the time we were separated, I worked on new projects, a few of us had so I think the time away from each other brought us to a point where we could make Reborn in Defiance. We grew up listening to everyone from Iron Maiden to Agnostic Front, Bad Brains and Black Sabbath, Run DMC, Beastie Boys and Judas Priest. We just let our musical influences come out and don't worry about what they sound like...we kind of go with the flow.

3. What are some of the lyrical topics and subjects the band explores with the music?
We've always been really personal. I feel like our fans know me better than my own Father does! I always found (like most people I assume) that it's easier to express yourself in private than in a room full of people. It's like turning yourself inside out and letting everyone see what's inside of you.

4. The band has a long musical history what is it that motivates you to create and perform music after all these years?
Passion for music, life, living and learning...I can't imagine a life for myself without music!

5. Out of all the shows and tours the band has done which one did you enjoy the most?
I love touring and have had the honor of touring with some amazing bands, I'd have to say one of the top picks would be the many tours we did with Pantera! I have some awesome stories from those runs!

6. Do you have any touring plans for the future?
We hit the road in a few months but once the new album is done, we'll be back on the road for a while.

7. On a worldwide level how have your fans reacted to the new material?
It seemed everyone loved it but with having so many songs to play from our old albums, we can only play about 3 new songs or so. Tough to say if people are honest to your face or not, but everyone dug what we were doing. I'm psyched for the new music, we've been touring so much, the live energy is still flowing through our veins...new material is more on the heavier and aggressive side of Reborn.

8. What is your opinion on the bands that you have influenced?
All good here, I think it's a great honor to have your music influence others. I was influenced by a lot of bands growing up.

9. What direction do you see your music heading into on future releases?
Still heavy and hard as long as the world stays heavy and hard!

10. What are some bands or musical styles that have influenced your newer music and also what are you listening to nowadays?
I've never let my self be influenced by new music, I think that happened when I was younger. Now I just have a sound/style that I like and let out when writing..that's Biohazard. We're all like that. As far as what I'm listening to. Being a producer, I'm working with a lot of new bands so I mostly listen to what I'm working on. But there's always the classics from Wu-Tang to Bad Brains bangin my truck speakers!

11.Outside of music what are some of your interests?
Pretty much my whole life is centered around music...but Family, Friends, Jiu Jitsu round it all out.

12. Any final words or thoughts before we wrap up this interview?
Keep up with us at www.biohazard.com
See ya in the pit!
Billy

No comments:

Post a Comment