Nikita Salishev - vocal
Sergey Gviniashvily - guitar
Vlad Balashov – guitar
Sergey Semenov – buss guitar
Alexander Dmitriev – drums
1. Can you give us an update on what is going on with the band these days?
N.S.: These days we are making a full length album, rehearsing a lot, preparing new material for our fans and listeners. Also we are composing new songs and writing lyrics for it.
Recently we have played acoustic concert, and it was great! Besides, we are preparing for our next concert, that will take place in Saint-Petersburg – cultural capital of Russia.
2. A year back you had released an ep, how would you describe the musical sound that is presented on the recording?
A.D.: From my point of view, our EP was made well! But listeners should give final judgment.
3. Your lyrics cover some historical and mythological themes, can you tell us a little bit about your interest in these subjects?
N.S.: It is true that one can catch shades of mythology and history in our lyrics. If every song is studied in depth, something from aforesaid really will be found in it.
4. What is the meaning and inspiration behind the name 'Terratomorth'?
TEЯRATOMORF: The right spelling of the band’s name is TEЯRATOMORF. This name is based on the term “Teratomophism”, that was changed a little. It means the combination of monstrosity and miraculousness, of horror and beauty
5. What are some of the best shows that the band has played over the years and also how would you describe your stage performance?
TEЯRATOMORF: Our performance on festival “Metro On Stage” remains in our memory most of all. There were several thousand people, who were screaming “Ya legenda” together as one, slam and a lot of positive emotions.
6. Do you have any touring or show plans for the future?
S.S.: Yes, of course we have such plans. Without fail there will be presentation of the new album and negotiations about tour are constantly carrying on. But because of our work in the recording studio it is not possible to tell about exact dates now.
7. Currently you are unsigned, are you looking for a label or have received any interest?
S.G.: In fact now we don’t have a label, and everything that concerns promotion and support is our care. It is difficult, but we are coping with this task. Though we wouldn’t reject any other support.
8. On a worldwide level how has the feedback been to your music by fans of metal?
V.B.: There is the feedback, and this feedback is very good. There are a lot of comments and reviews on many Internet sites and in many languages: from English to Spanish. Fans are listening to our band both in Israel and in France and in different other countries of the World. They speak highly of our music and even ask for sending them the disks. The only thing is the trouble with understanding lyrics, because our songs are in Russian and often it is difficult for foreigner to perceive it.
9. When can we expect a full length album and also where do you see the band heading into musically during the future?
S.G.: The work on full length album is in full swing. There is still a lot of tasks but many things have already done, so look forward to news from us! As for our future evolution, it is still ambiguous. We experimented on styles a lot and we obtained interesting results. But I can say that in general the sound will be harder and stronger.
10. What are some of the bands or musical styles that have had an influence on your music and also what are you listening to nowadays?
TEЯRATOMORF: In our band there are people with absolutely different musical tastes. Someone prefers hard-rock (Whitesnake, Deep Purple, AC/DC), someone likes something harder (Scar Symmetry, Soilwork, Five Finger Deth Punch). Also we respect our compatriots (Fiend, Digimortal, Black Obelisk). And of course it is impossible not to say about masters: Metallica, Helloween, Ozzy. After our rehearsals in bars we can discuss about our musical preferences for hours. This is the reason why we can do something interesting together. There were cases when the draft that one person begin to do would change unrecognizably when all band worked on it. This is what for us it is very interesting to work together.
11. What are some of your non musical interests?
N.S.: I write lyrics, draw, listen to music, watch films, cook food, speak with my friends and spend time with my girlfriend. I can say that range of my non musical interest is smaller than range of musical ones.
V.B.: It is very difficult question but for examples: walking on the town, watching the films/serials, formerly I used to like going fishing, watching Russian soccer and playing it, but now I have stopped to do it for some reason. To be candid in general all my passions belong to music.
A.D.: Save music, there is my non musical work and a lot of different hobbies and carnal pleasures
S.S.: I spend on music all my free time because I don’t have a lot of it. Though I would play sports or go in for science. But for the moment it is just a dream.
S.G.: Now all my free time I devote to music
12. Before we wrap up this interview do you have any final words or thoughts?
TEЯRATOMORF: THIS WILL BE METAL!