- We are living in a very exciting period right now! This year we are celebrating 5 years anniversary and we have recorded the new studio EP album, called 'Anniversary, especially for this occasion! This is a project that has a special place in our hearts and we feel that these songs sum up our musical experience and that what we have learned about ourselves as a band up to this point. Now we are preparing to introduce you our new internet single from the upcoming EP, called 'Never Surrender', which will be released February 20. This will be an official lyric-video on our Youtube channel! So don't miss it out! :-)
2.You have a new ep coming out in March, how would you describe the musical sound that is presented on the recording and also how does it differ from the stuff you have released in the past?
- For the production of our previous releases we have flown all the way to the Danish "Jailhouse" studios to record our music with the renounced producer Tommy Hansen. This time we decided to try something different and we choose to go for a local studio to make the recording. And the choice falls on a great 'Retro Studios', run by Amir Harony & Amos Itach, in Israel. We were looking for fresh look at our new musical work and we found some fantastic studio located in Moscow - 'KIV Records'. The studio run by a great sound engineer - Igor Korolev and he did amazing job with mixing and mastering of our new EP album! The final result has exceeded all our expectations! This is definitely one of the best studios, which we have worked with!
3.What are some of the lyrical topics and subjects the band explores with the newer music?
- We are trying to touch different subjects, different aspects of our lives in the new songs. We are trying to reveal the inner conflicts of human being, like a conflict of choosing the path of our dreams, themes of achieving our goals, or themes of love with different views on it. All of our songs describe different situations one would encounter in his life.
4.What is the meaning and inspiration behind the name 'Rose Red'?
- It was suggested by our vocalist - Leve Laiter, and we felt it really suits us and our music: beautiful but thorny. This name has a sound to it, and somehow I think it reveals the melodic part of our music. We still want to write songs on different subjects, but the main concept of beautiful melodic music along with heavy, thorny rocking guitars will remain.
5.What are some of the best shows that the band has played over the years and also how would you describe your stage performance?
- We love the live shows very much! There's nothing better than a live energy on stage! We trying to play similar as possible to the recordings but with more power and performance in the live shows! I think the best one was in August 2013, at a big European festival 'Bastion' in Ukraine. We shared the main stage with such international names as 'Bonfire', 'UDO', 'Rasmus', 'Secret Service' and many others! It's hard to explain our emotions from this show! Simply unforgettable night!
6.Do you have any touring or show plans once the ep is released?
- Currently, we haven't planned touring or shows yet. We are concentrated on our new EP release. It's gonna be a special self release for a limited edition of 500 physical copies only, so we still have a lot of work to do! But I'm sure we will discuss this issue in the near future!
7.On a worldwide level how has the feedback been to your music by fans of metal and rock?
- Oh, our two previous albums have received lots of warm and positive feedbacks both from critics and fans. We are honoured and really happy to have such support! We got a very warm welcome by fans of metal and rock from all over the world and it's very inspiring us!
8.When can we expect another full length album and also where do you see the band heading into musically during the future?
- From the very start we've been concentrating on musical productivity so it won’t be too long till you hear from us again! ;-) We always try to learn something new, to search a new sound for our songs and we will continue to do so in the future. Let’s see how Red Rose band will evolve. :-)
9.What are some of the bands or musical styles that have had an influence on your newer music and also what are you listening to nowadays?
- We were all raised by such legendary bands as Queen, Deep Purple, Pink Floyd, Uriah Heep... It is classic rock that we owe to for all that we have at the moment. But the world of rock music is very diverse, and the effects of such progressive bands as Royal Hunt and Dream Theater strongly influence us for sure. Still, we never tried to write music into one particular style. We want to create interesting, varied and melodic music.
10.What are some of your non musical interests?
- We all have a different interests outside of the music, but the music is what bind us together and makes us stronger! Nothing is more important for us than the music!
11.Before we wrap up this interview, do you have any final words or thoughts?
- We'd like to thank you for this great opportunity to tell a little about ourselves and share some thoughts! It was a pleasure answering your questions. To all readers, we hope you will like our music and it will bring new positive emotions and inspiration to you! Thank you very much and keep on rockin'!