Hello. 1000Dead is a metal band formed in Rethymno (Greece), by Nick M. (Guitars/vox) Alekos M. (Drums) & Peter L. (Bass/backing vox) in the beginning of 2013 in Crete. 3 guys that wanted to make controlled noise and hopefully we‘re on track for it!
2. Recently you have released a promo, how would you describe the musical sound that is presented on the recording?
Surely the promo tracks aren’t easy to be categorized under a certain genre. It contains heavy rock / thrashy riffs , grind/death drumming and some very complicated bass lines, while the vocals are occasionally “clean”….How do you describe in 1 or 2 words all the above! That’s why we simply prefer the label “metal”.
3.What are some of the lyrical topics and subjects the band explores with the music?
In a nutshell: To be decent – Justice - Hatred & then some…
4. What is the meaning and inspiration behind the name '1000 Dead'?
Well we didn’t think a lot about that. Just a number & an adjective combined as 1 word (pronounced ThousandDead). Also it’s kinda intriguing - you don’t know what to expect from a band with a name like this, right? It totally fulfils its purpose. Plus it sounds cool!
5.What are some of the best shows that the band has played so far and also how would you describe your stage performance?
Usually we play gigs with bands that differ from each other. We’ve played with Doom, Black metal and Stoner bands. The last show with the mighty Ravencult kicked ass. Stage performance? 40 minutes headbanging.
6. Do you have any touring or show plans for the future?
Unfortunately, at the moment there’s nothing scheduled. We are focused in recordings of our first full length album.
7. Currently you are unsigned, are you looking for a label or have received any interest?
Soon as the album is finished, surely we’ll start sending music samples, to music labels.
8. On a worldwide level how has the feedback been to your music by fans of extreme metal?
It’s pure! Ha! But that’s normal I guess, since we are a new band. Hopefully things will get better over time!
9. When can we expect a full length album and also where do you see the band heading into musically during the future?
The album recordings are already on the way. Probably it’s going to be ready within the year. The winter is coming! As far as the future music direction, who knows, the power of the Riff compels us!
10. What are some of the bands or musical styles that have had an influence on your music and also what are you listening to nowadays?
Too many bands to be mentioned, but we can say this: Bay area thrash, Boston scene, Progressive, the swamps of Louisiana and last but not least, the shape of punk that never came!
11.What are some of your non musical interests?
Well besides our jobs (we have to make a livin’), it’s all about the music.
12. Before we wrap up this interview, do you have any final words or thoughts?
Thank you for the time you took for this interview. We appreciate your interest & we hope your readers will dig our music. For our latest news: www.facebook.com/1000Dead. Cheers!