Tuesday, April 7, 2015

Atreides Interview

1.For those that have never heard of you before, can you tell us a little bit about the band?
1.Atreides is a heavy-power metal band with lyrics written in spanish. I(Dany Soengas) started the project in late 2014 after stopping for some time my other band, Skydancer.  We have one album out now.

2.Recently you had released your first album, how would you describe the musical sound that is presented on the recording?
2. ¨Cosmos¨ is a power metal album loyal to the roots, without the topics of the late 90´s. No dragons or stuff like that. I've tryed to write very personal lyrics and hi-speed songs to make contrast with mid tempos. The are no ballads on the album. I´ve also tried to sound a bit fresh but whitout losing the essence of the style.

3.What are some of the lyrical topics and subject the band explores with the music?
3. The lyrics are mostly focused on my personal feelings and my concerns about things that I can't explain. Some mysteries about the universe, some about sci-fi suff, about the feeling of loss...there is not a single topic.

4.What is the meaning and inspiration behind the name 'Atreides'?
4. I was reading Frank's Herbert  ¨Dune¨ when I started project. Atreides is one of the main houses-families on the book. I like the values that they represent, so I took the name.

5.What are some of the best shows that the band has played so far and also how would you describe your stage performance?
5.For now we haven't played a single show. The album was recorded by only 2 musicians, Emi Ramirez (now replaced now by Ivan Lopez) on vocals, and me on the instruments. The band itself came before the recording, so we are really starting to move on now.

6.Do you have any touring or show plans for the future?
6. On the 2nd of May we'll play our first show in our city. From now on we will announce some gigs here and there, but nothing  more is confirmed yet.

7.On a worldwide level how has the feedback been to your music by fans of power metal?
7. More than good. Outside our country I thought that the media would reject the album  for beeing sung in spanish, but the reviews are going really well. One of our labels thought that that the language was going to be a handicap to sell the LP, but now is working well.

8.What is going on with some of the other bands or musical projects these days that some of the band members are a a part of?
My other band, Skydancer, is now on standby, we plan to release a new album in the future. David Borjas plays live with a spanish metal singer, Angel Rubin.

9.Where do you see the band heading into musically during the future?
9. Atreides started as a Power Metal band, and so it will remain. We have some details taken from other genres, but I'm totally focused on getting the old school stuff and sound as a band of our days.

10.What are some of the bands or musical styles that have had an influence on your music and also what are you listening to nowadays?
10.My influences and the bands that I listen now, are more or less the same. I can name Rage, Blind Guardian, Stratovarius, Kamelot, and from our country only a few records of the old Avalanch. I´ve also liked the last Iced Earth record recently.

11.What are some of your non musical interests?
11. For me the band and all arround it, takes the most of my time. I´ve also try to have some  for computer games and movies, and of course I a have a job. The other guys are also studying or working, and trying to have some time for the music. I don´t kwon very well what they do the rest of the day jaja.

12.Before we wrap up this interview, do you have any final words or thoughts?
12. Just say thanks for the interview, and for the readers, if they want to know more about the band, they can visit our facebook page www.facebook.com/atreidesbanda
Best wishes

No comments:

Post a Comment