Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Toxic Waltz Interview


1.Can you give us an update on what has been going on with the band since the recording and release of the new album?
 
We are preparing us for a powerful release show to offer our fans a special event when they’re coming to it. Also we’re already working on new Songs for the next record. I think the second record of a band should be released as soon as possible after the first one so one forgets the band after the first record.
 
2.Your new album came out this month, can you tell us a little bit more about the musical direction of the album?
 
Just take a bit of Exodus, combine it with Forbidden and Heathen and also a small piece of Dark Angel and you have a bit of the direction where it goes. Of course we want to have our own unique style but those band were a huge inspiration while the songs were written so you might recognize it I think.
 
3.Your music is heavily rooted in the mid 80's early 90's thrash sound, what was it that made you want to go in this direction and also what are your thoughts about the newer forms of metal?
 
Well, for me personally that was the time when a lot of the best thrash records were released for my kind taste so I wanted to create something that has a smiliar style and spirit. Also I am interested in new music and not only metal and don’t want to avoid influences from new records. I just want to keep a raw direction with the style we created with that record.
 
4.Can you tell us a little bit more about the lyrics and topics you have covered with this album?
 
The topics are mostly cover different stories about war, hate, society and also something different like agrarian economy which can lead to suicide. I think it’s good to write about established thrash metal topics but also about current things to criticize and show what’s wrong with the world today.
 
5.Is the name Toxic Waltz a tribute to the legendary Bay Area thrash band 'Exodus'?
 
Definitely! While I created the band with our ex-drummer Tim I listened very often to Exodus and we wanted to create music which led to do the “Toxic Waltz” so simply that’s it.
 
6.What are some of the best shows that the band has played over the years and also how would you describe your stage performance?
 
We already played with Six Feet Under and Debauchery (well-known band in Germany) which were intense shows. To play in front of a huge crowd that escalades totally is an incredible feeling and that’s what we try to reach at every show. Simply image the Toxic Waltz on stage – literally. Then you can get a feeling what is going on on stage. I think it’s very important to have an energetic show as part of a good concert. Especially in our kind of music! A good live show I think is almost as important as the music.
 
7.Do you have any touring or show plans for the new album and 2014?
 
We try to play as many as shows as possible to promote our record and establish the name when you think about Thrash Metal in Germany. Unfortunately we don’t have a record deal and no booking agency but I hope we can manage it without it and spread our music anyways.
 
8. On a worldwide level how has the feedback been to your music by fans of thrash metal?
 
We already got positive responses from all over the world and it’s a great feeling our music is appreciated in many countries. I hope with our record we reach more people and get positive results or at least constructive critics so we can improve.
 
9.What direction do you see your music heading into on future releases?
 
It definitely gets a bit faster and more aggressive but also I want to get more variety within the songs. The future style more goes into the direction of old Sepultura or Evil Dead but parallel I also want to work on the melody’s and harmonies. Our new songs for example will have more two voiced guitar parts.
 
10.What are some bands or musical styles that have had an influence on your music and also what are you listening to nowadays?
 
I think most of the influential bands I already mentioned. Of course I don’t want to leave it with them. To grow as a musician I think it’s really important to get to know more music constantly and have an open mind to other music apart from (thrash) metal. Beside of a lot of thrash bands I am also a big fan of Glam/ Sleaze Metal like Mötley Crue, Steel Panther and Skid Row and outside of metal I also like Bands  like CCR , Turbonegro and a lot more.
 
11.Do you have any non musical interests?
 
I like to go out with my friends often and simply enjoy life. Sometimes I also play computergames such as GTA or Half-Life. In winter I sometimes go snowboarding.
 
12.Before we wrap up this interview, do you have any final words or thoughts?
 
I really want to thank you for the very good review of our record which makes us very proud as band! It’s a good thing to see that the people who are listening to this record understand what we want to express with it.

To every fan I want to say if you like us or any other band please support us / them by purchasing the music, merch and go to their shows. Music is a really though business!
 
Finally thank you for the interview! J
 
Cheers
 
Jimi – Toxic Waltz

No comments:

Post a Comment