1. Can you give us an update on what is going on with the band these days?
Well,our debut album''2 ready 2 live''from The Leaders Records is coming out on March 2013 and on May 22 in Japan there will be a Japanese Edition.It is already available through digital download in all music distributors such as Amazon,I-tunes etc.We are planning live appearances in Europe and Japan soon.Currently we have been rehearsing and writing some new songs.It never stops for us.
2. How would you describe the musical sound of the new album?
We wanted to make a straight-forward heavier rock record.Nothing more or less.
Of course you can find different elements but i believe our whole approach is pretty straight-forward,back to basics a 3-piece band playing really loud in the studio and the capture of it on tape.''2 ready 2 live'' is generally a''live in the studio'' album.Lee Popa,our producer insisted in capturing our ''live performance''spirit and he is right so far.
3. What are some of the lyrical topics and subjects the new release
Basically all our lyrical topics and subjects have to do with emotions as well as the inner power of human beings,with love, fear and daily matters as well as fantastic landscapes that our minds can create.
4. What is the meaning and inspiration behind the bands name?
The bands' name''OCEAN MIND'' represents our inner union with water as an element.We all are just drops but we all connected spiritually to this ocean.
5. What are some of the best shows that the band has played so far and
how would you describe your stage performance?
Every live performance is worth remembering and we always give nothing but 110%of ourselves in every live performance.Everyone who comes to an OCEAN MIND show must expect this.Its mainly playing, not talking.
6. Do you have any touring plans for the future?
Yes,we are actually planning a European tour,some live appearances in our country,and of some shows in Japan as well. Stay tuned!
We can go everywhere as long as there are people that support us.
7. Currently you are signed to The Leaders Records, how did you get in
contact with this label and how would you describe the support they have
given you so far?
The Leaders Records believed in Ocean Mind and we share the same plants and goals regarding our band.It is a new label with great prospects and most importantly the will to involve and create original things.This is something very important for us.They support things and their way is very sincere and profficient.
8. On a worldwide level how has the feedback been to your music by fans
of stoner rock and metal?
The response to ''2 READY 2 LIVE''So far has been very good.Many rock fans and critics embraced it and this is great.We believe we did the best we could at the time and it is very pleasant to see people sharing that.
9. Are there any other musical projects besides this band or is this a
full time line up?
-Some of us are into other occupations,mostly around music but OCEAN MIND is our main thing.We are always into something:writing new songs,rehearsing,practicing etc.It never stops for us.
10. What direction do you see your music heading into on future releases?
Well this is a difficult question to answer.We cant really say...perhaps trying to involve our style furthermore and progress from recording to recording.We have ideas for new songs,we will see...
11. What are some bands or musical styles that have influenced your
music and also what are you listening to nowadays?
They are too many to mention,and from different music genres.70s rock,classic hard rock and metal bands,alternative rock,classical,blues ,progressive rock etc.
12. Outside of music what are some of your interests?
Ah different kinds of art,cinema,reading,paintings hanging out with friends and families,drinking,listening to some more music etc.
13. Any final words or thoughts before we wrap up this interview?
We really appreciate all your support and interest,think positive,be creative and have an ''Ocean'' Mind!Thats all!