Saturday, January 26, 2013
Sacred Reich Interview
1. Can you give us an update on what is going on with the band these days?
Not much. We have a show in LA February 23 at the Key Club. We released Live at Wacken CD/DVD a little while back as well.
2. How would you describe the musical sound that where present on the album?
Our musical style can best be described as metal. It has evolved over the years from pure speed and thrash on Ignorance to more varied sounds on Heal.
3. What where some of the lyrical topics and subjects the band explores with the music?
Lyrics have gone from political to personal over our career. Just whatever was on our mind at the time.
4. What is the meaning and inspiration behind the bands name?
There is no meaning behind the name Sacred Reich. Our guitar player Jason started the band and thought it sounded cool.
5. What are some of the best shows that the band has played and how would you describe your stage performance?
Our first time at Dynamo Open Air in 1989 stands out because it was our first big show. 2007 at Wacken Open Air was awesome. Last year at Hellfest.
6. Do you have any touring plans for the future?
Maybe Europe this summer. Not sure yet.
7. The band broke up for a few years, what was the cause of the break up and the decision to reform the band as a live show only act?
The reason we split up was it was time. Our creativity was waning and it seemed like a good time to end it on good terms. We got back together after working on the Ignorance/Surf Nicaragua re-issue. We thought it would be fun to do some shows, and it has.
8. How was the feedback to your music back in the days?
Well the people who showed up seemed to like it. We had good response from the critics and on tour. We toured with a lot of bands when they were starting out like Forbidden, Obituary, Atrophy, Forced Entry, and Crowbar. Also with established bands like Pantera, Sepultura, and Danzig. Lot's of shows.
9. Are there any other musical projects going on these days?
10. What where some bands or musical styles that influenced your music and also what are you listening to nowadays?
Early influences were Slayer and Metallica and Black Sabbath. Also COC, DRI and MDC. Listening to old favorites these days Beatles, Led Zeppelin, Black Sabbath, Slayer Metallica, Fear. Also Danko Jones, Gojira and Mumford and Sons.
11. Outside of music what are some of your interests?
My family, books and film.
12.Any final words or thoughts before we wrap up this interview?
We would like to thank our fans for their many years of support. Without the fans nothing is possible. Thanks for making our dreams come true.