This is a zine dedicated to crust,d-beat, sludge, harsh noise + related genres, traditional doom metal, gothic metal, thrash/death metal, first wave black metal,noise rock, hardcore, traditional thrash/speed metal, in dustrial metal, power/heavy/progressive metal and alternative metal, also looking for other writers into these genres, due to the fact I cant review 15 promos a day by myself, for more info contact email@example.com
Wednesday, January 23, 2013
Cryptic Slaughter Interview
1. Can you give us an update on what is going on with the band member these days?
1) Well Les lives in Seattle with his son, Bill lives in Austin with his family, I live in Hollywood and play in a punk band called Black Monday and Rob is the bass player for Ozzy and has his own management company called Mercenary Management.
2. How would you describe the musical sound of the albums back in the day?
3. What where some of the lyrical topics and subjects the band explored with the music?
3) Political topics, being yourself.
4. What was the meaning and inspiration behind the bands name?
4) Nothing really, just sounded good!
5. What where some of the best shows that the band had played back in the day and how would you describe your stage performance?
5) Most of the best shows were at Fenders ballroom in Long Beach, CA where we played shows with Discharge, Dr. Know, Possessed, Dark Angel, Final Conflict, Excel and Attitude Adjustment. Also the shows that we played with Wehrmacht in Portland were crazy because it was us, wehrmacht and the accussed!!
6. I know that there was a brief reunion in 2003, would you ever get the band back together for shows or a new album?
6) There wasn't a reunion. Les did a song with some friends of ours, but that is all.
7. How was the feedback to your music back then by fans of thrash, crossover and hardcore?
Really good. I think that's why we did so well back then and why people still care about us now, because we had such a wide fan base.
8. Are the former band members active in any bands these days?
8) Only Rob and I are. Like I said earlier, Rob plays bass for Ozzy and I play drums in a punk band called Black Monday.
9. What where some of the bands and musical styles that influenced your music and also what are you listening to nowadays?
9) Slayer, GBH, Motorhead, Venom, Minor Threat and way too many other bands to mention.
10.Outside of music what are some of your interests?
10) Enjoying life with my family and friends!
11. Any final words or thoughts before we wrap up this interview?
11) Thanks to all the die hard CS fans world wide for keeping the Cryptic Slaughter name alive and well 29 years later! YOU RULE!!!