Tuesday, April 5, 2016

Child Bite Interview

1.Can you give us an update on what is going on with the band these days?
SK: I live in a trailer, usually parked at a Walmart. Sometimes it's a Cracker Barrel, just depends. Sean is installing tv screens at McDonalds and just got asked to jam with Limp Bizkit side project. Jeff has a new girlfriend and is probably painting some big blobs and stuff, not sure. Oh and Brandon is delivering pizza with a bunch of STD collectors.

2.You have a new album coming out in April, how would you describe the musical sound that is presented on the recording and also how does it differ from the stuff you have released in the past?
SK: The longer the band goes on, the more all of this rock and roll lifestyle starts to go to our head. We are having trouble keeping things straight in life and are all kind of losing it a bit. The music is a reflection of that. We are disturbed. Not like the band but like the medical condition. I feel like my brain is in a blender.

3.What are some of the lyrical topics and subjects the band explores with the newer music?
SK: Oh there are lots of topics! Let's see... There's one about killing yourself before you lose your mind. But in second thought dementia might be fun to experience, so we might have to change the lyrics for the 2nd pressing. There's also a song about how much it would suck to be born a hog so we called it "Born A Hog." If you have any ideas just lemme know and I'll use them for the next album.

4.What is the meaning and inspiration behind the name 'Child Bite'?
SK: I used to have a bad habit of biting my classmates when I was a little kid. It went on for years, I had to switch schools a couple times, go to therapy, the whole nine yards. Nothing worked and my parents got so fed up that they started biting me to, I guess to show me that it hurt and how it sucked to be on the receiving end of a bite. If I started acting up, they would say "Get ready for the child bite!" and I knew it was coming. Eventually I just grew out of it, but that phrase always stuck in my head so I figured it could be a cool band name.

5.What are some of the best shows that the band has played over the years and also how would you describe your stage performance?
SK: I don't even remember any of the shows, but I know we've got more coming up so I'll do my best at those! Maybe those will be the best?

6.Do you have any touring or show plans for the new album?
SK: Yeah our booking agent told us that she needed money so we agreed to go on tour again. You can probably just go to our website page or on a facebook for all of them. But I do know that we are going all over the country and even to a couple bordering countries, Mexico and Canada. We will probably have to start doing drugs soon though cause we are getting tired. We want to put on a top notch performance but our bodies are giving out. Again, if you have any suggestions just let me know; we are new to drug culture.

7.The new album was produced by Phil Anselmo, what was it like working with this legendary musician?
SK: He was pretty intimidating at first and made us squeeze his muscles. He has such a deep voice and was smoking super-joints most of the time. Any time Brandon messed up too many times in a row, Mr. Anselmo would take his guitar and play it for him. That was pretty cool. I don't even know if Brandon ended up on any of the songs cause he was just so freaked out. Mr. Anselmo also helped out with lots of ideas cause to be honest our songs were kind of a messed and we needed a helping hand. We also have a pig snort part that turned out good.

8.On a worldwide level how has the feedback been to your recordings by fans of underground music?
SK: Most people like it! I actually wish there was more feedback on the album. That's my favorite part of EyeHateGod records. Those shrieky squealy sounds let you know if wasn't made by some robot midi band but real living flesh with unique personalities and the ability to go wild. CHUDs have always been supportive of our hard rock music and I hope they never stop it.

9.Where do you see the band heading into musically during the future?
SK: Well we can either go more heavy metal or more punk rock-n-roll style or maybe even more alternative. We will have a meeting soon and we can vote on our favorite direction and see where the riffs are at. I don't really care as long as it can be referred to as "spine-chilling, hair-raising, crotch-bulging intensity!"

10.What are some of the bands or musical styles that have had an influence on your music and also what are you listening to nowadays?
SK: We don't listen to a lot of music so we can keep it pure. It's called the vacuum-bubble approach. But if I have to I'll listen to different kinds of stuff like Tron soundtrack or other kinds with keyboards. I like it as fake as possible for fantasy. If I wanted real life then I would open my eyes when I go outside to the mall or the McDonalds. Listen to lots of plastic sounds and then when you get ready to play your show it will fuel you to be a barbaric feral-man in reaction. It's just to be true.

11.What are some of your non musical interests?
SK: I like all of the usuals, like cheese, chocolate, beer and wine, deli sandwiches, other snacks. In addition to those I'll play the PlayStation 4 sometimes or movies.

12.Before we wrap up this interview, do you have any final words or thoughts?
SK: If you want to come to the concert, it's cool cause like I said our booking agent needs the money. But if you can't make it no big deal cause she gets a guarantee either way.

No comments:

Post a Comment