1. Can you give us an update on what is going on with the band these days?
These days we are focused on getting ready for our record release show, fine tuning the songs and making sure they are perfect for consumption.
2. How would you describe the musical sound of the new album?
The new album is an epic metal album with elements of progressive, doom and black metal all mixed up with who the fuck knows. We have pretty diverse tastes as a band so its interesting to see what people hear in us. To us its just us.
3. What are some of the lyrical topics and subjects the band explores with the new release?
The lyrics range from satirical to paranoid to serious. Topics ranging from factory work to surveillance and tracking in our modern age to the meaning of existence.
4. What is the meaning and inspiration behind the bands name? The inspiration for the name actually came from an older song of ours, basically we like the idea of precision and mastery of craft.
5. What are some of the best shows that the band has played so far and how would you describe your stage performance?
We had a lot of fun at our last Johnny Brenda's show. Everything kind of just came together. Im the front man and bassist/singer I approach each show with a lot of energy where as Lydia is a little more focused and laid back on stage Ruston is a monster.
6. Do you have any touring plans for the new release?
We are working on an east coast Tour for this summer .
7. Currently you are unsigned, are you looking for a label and if so what kind of label do you feel that would be a perfect fit for the music?
It seems like an indie with enough leverage to give us a good push. Who that is, only time will tell. We've got our eyes on a couple.
8. On a worldwide level how has the feedback been to your music by fans of metal?
Pretty good so far. We've been getting a lot of good feedback from Germany lately.
9.Are there any other musical projects besides this band or is this a full time line up?
The band is the full time line up but our drummer just did a month long tour with Master.
10. What direction do you see your music heading into on future releases?
That's funny you ask we just played Ruston a bunch of new riffs and they are really all over the charts at this point. The weirdening is one word he used. The music is getting heavier but still melodic and progressive
11. What are some bands or musical styles that have influenced your music and also what are you listening to nowadays?
Anything from classic metal Black Sabbath Iron Maiden to current metal Gojira and Devon Townsend.
12. Outside of music what are some of your interests?
Sean is a photographer Lydia a casino dealer and Ruston is a voice actor
13. Any final words or thoughts before we wrap up this interview?
Well the album is out May 19th you can preorder a copy at our site http://surgeonband.net/wp/preorder no shifty middlemen involved in this one. And you can find us on facebook athttps://www.facebook.com/Surgeonmusic
Post a Comment