First we would like to thank you, because we are really grateful for this interview. We released our first album in March. It was produced by Francis Caste who also worked with famous bands from the French metal scene, such as The Arrs, Bukowski or Zuul FX. We will play our first gig of the year on the 30th of May in a famous Parisian venue.
2. Recently you have released a new album, how would you describe the musical sound that is presented on the recording and also how does it differ from the stuff you have released in the past?
We defined – actually we tried to define – an aggressive, melodic and catchy musical sound. We also wanted it to sound between rock and metal.
This album is mainly made up of songs from our two first EPs. So it doesn't sound much different from the material we have released previously.
3. What are some of the lyrical topics and subjects the band explores with the music?
Our lyrics can deal with all sorts of topics. I do not think they are very special. 84, the first single of our album deals with the famous novel by George Orwell. Fantasy literally means what it means. We did not sit down and spend hours defining what the songs would be about. We wrote what we felt on the spot.
4. What is the meaning and inspiration behind the name 'Charge'?
We wanted something that was straightforward and we wanted it to sound "right in your face".
5. What are some of the best shows that the band has played so far and also how would you describe your stage performance?
We played some our best shows in two of Paris’s most famous venues (Le Batofar and La Flèche d'Or) last year. Concerning our live performances, it's all about being spontaneous and giving energy with no time out. There is no pause, no silence. We keep on moving and never seem to be slowing down. That’s pure energy.
6. Do you have any touring or show plans for the future?
We mainly have plans in the Paris area. We're also planning gigs in the rest of France. Of course, we wish we could play all around the world!
7. Currently you are unsigned, are you looking for a label or have received any interest?
Our first album is being distributed by an independent record company named "Rebel music/Brennus records".
8. On a worldwide level how has the feedback been to your music by fans of metal and rock?
Pretty good. Surprisingly we received quite a lot of great reviews for a debut album. It's good to have such support. And we even have to admit the negative remarks they make about the record are right!
9. Where do you see the band heading into musically during the future?
We may move toward a style that will be more rock than metal. We want to mix the melodies and structures of rock with some metal arrangement and influences.
Our next album will be out next year.
10. What are some of the bands or musical styles that have had an influence on your music and also what are you listening to nowadays?
We love MetallicA (I myself am one of their greatest fans) Machine Head, Muse and Motörhead – for their unique sound. I also like Red Fang, Godsmack, Slayer and SOAD.
11. What are some of your non musical interests?
I love American football. I am a great fan of the 49ers. I am also fond of Star Wars . I have got a great action figure collection.
12. Before we wrap up this interview, do you have any final words or thoughts?
We want to share our music with as many people as possible. We really want to break all the boundaries between rock and metal. We are setting up a French rock/metal scene so that we may organize tours. And we want to thank all the media who are supporting us. Thank you so much.