1. Can you give us an update on what is going on with the band these days?
So, we have released the LP version of our first album, which is available since few weeks, and we are actually in Microclimat studio in Grenoble to record the next release.
We have worked a lot on new songs after the release of “Of Rage and War” and we are now really happy with those new songs.
2. How would you describe the musical sound of the new album and how it differs from previous releases?
I think the new songs sounds more “mature”, more elaborated, and a bit darker than the previous release.
But don’t expect a “heavy black modern neo” metal, this new record is still a fast piece of true heavy metal, we are what we are we’ll never change it for anything.
3. What are some of the lyrical topics and subjects the band explores with the music?
With Elvenstorm, we explore many subjects, fantasy war, witchery, history for exemple, but we talk about values and human being, hidden behind those subject.
As you can see on songs like “Kill the Deceivers” or “Struggle Within” we talk about treason, bullshit talkers, but also about values like courage and hope which is the best way to live to be over the top.
4. What is the meaning and inspiration behind the bands name?
In fact, for the band name, we thought about our music, we played fast speed heavy metal who reminds us a Blitzkrieg storm attack. And we also add it a quite melodical part who reminds us elves songs. That’s the story behind the band name
5. What are some of the best shows that the band has played so far and how would you describe your stage performance?
I really have great memories about our gigs in Germany and Italy, where the crowd were awesome as they didn’t come for only us.
I think that my best gig memory is the Rising fest II where we opened for Wizard, it was great to see people coming for us and singing our songs !!!!
In another point, I think that technically we were really great on our last show in Le Creusot, with many energy and strength.
The band has a great potential but the crowd support is really important… but anyway the best is yet to come !
6. Do you have any touring plans for the future?
Actually we are in studio, so we focus only on this new record
We will play in Taunus Metal Festival in Germany in July, this is the only gig we have for this year, it’s still a pleasure for us to play in Germany
But I hope we’ll tour a lot for the next album, let’s wait and see
7. When can we expect another full length?
We hope to release it for the end of 2013, but we can’t promise anything about the release date and details for the moment.
So stay tuned for news !
8. On a worldwide level how has the feedback been to your music by fans of metal?
On a worldwide level, we are really happy about the feedback for “Of Rage and War”.
Specially in Brazil, Poland, Greece and Germany, Fab from Inferno Records has also accomplished a great job !
We had the chance to have some great times on stage and with fans on the road abroad.
It was really great to meet them and we made a lot of friends.
We were also surprised by some French webzines who proves us that True Heavy Metal is not dead yet in France,
9. What direction do you see your music heading into on future releases?
So as I told before, the new songs sounds more darker, mature and more elaborated.
But we don’t really think about which way or another way to write new songs.
We play Metal with our hearts and souls, and we play what we love the most: HEAVY METAL
10. What are some bands or musical styles that have influenced your music and also what are you listening to nowadays?
For Elvenstorm, the bands which influenced us are really inked in German metal history, of course I think about bands like Running Wild, Old Helloween, Paragon or Stormwitch but also US bands like Savage Grace.
For myself I actually listen to Crom, Savage Grace, Masterplan, Pretty Maids
11. Outside of music what are some of your interests?
Outside of music, I’m interesting a lot in cinema, horror movies and before to be a singer,
I was studying literature and cinematography at school and university.
12. Any final words or thoughts before we wrap up this interview?
I would like to thanks you or this interview, and your interest for Elvenstorm
And I also want to thanks all Elvenstorm fans on the world for their awesome support.
See you all on the road !!!
Metal On !!!
Answered by LAURA FERREUX on April 14th, 2013