1. Salems Lott is the brainchild of Jett and myself. We were tired of hearing and seeing the same bands over and over and over again. Everyone seems to be playing it real safe and are too scared to put themselves out there. Especially in an industry where not a single young (in their 20’s) rock or metal act is having immense success. So why not put together a band so insane that will cause people to have polarizing views? I found Kay and Tony who shared our vision of insanity and a dream that would overwhelm god. In short I put together a band that has the whole package, shocking image, intense live show, SONGS and can play like no ones business.
2.In January you had released an ep, how would you describe the musical sound that is presented on the recording?
2. Unexpected, Intense, un-relenting, powerful, versatile, powerful etc. That’s what we’ve been told thus far and it’s pretty accurate.
3.What are some of the lyrical topics and subjects the band explores with the music?
3. We are not limited to any one topic. We are human beings and we go through allot of experiences in this sad existence of ours. Our music is about those experiences. Whether it’s something we are witnessing or apart of first hand.
4.What is the meaning and inspiration behind the name 'Salems Lott'?
4. I’m a history buff and so is Jett. We talking about the Salem witch trials and though “Salems Lott” would be cool for a band name “Lot” meaning a group of individuals.
5.What are some of the best shows that the band has played so far an also how would you describe your stage performance?
5. The House of Blues gig would have to be one of the top gigs. Why? Because the stage was great, the audience was shocked and we happen to win over people who are not necessarily into metal music. Our stage performances are chaotic, alive and unpredictable.
6.Do you have any touring or show plans for the future?
6. We have some L.A. dates right now. We would love to tour, just got to find the funds. As of now we do everything ourselves, there is no outside help whatsoever.
7.The ep was released on Red Moon Records, can you tell us a little bit more about this label?
7. Of course I can since we started it. Like I said we do everything and are involved in every aspect of this band. That includes the business side as well.
8.On a worldwide level how has the feedback been to your music by fans of heavy, power and speed metal?
8. It’s actually been overwhelming to say the least. People are really digging what we’re doing. We seem to be attracting those who listen to the much heavier side of metal as well as the lighter stuff, to even some rappers.
9.When can we expect a full length album and also where do you see the band heading into musically during the future?
9. The sooner the better. Keep in mind the songs from the EP are very old. They were written a couple of years back. The new material is sounding really intense and amazing. I think people are going to be shocked of what we have in store. The EP was just the tip of the iceberg.
10.What are some of the bands or musical styles that have had an influence on your music and also what are you listening to nowadays?
10. Too many to name. Our influences span many genres and styles. There’s allot of good stuff out there. I’m currently listening to the stuff I’ve always been listening to and more.
11.What are some of your non musical interests?
11. Nothing to be honest. Everything else really is just second fiddle to me.
12..Before we wrap up this interview, do you have any final words or thoughts?
12. Thanks to those who are supporting us and understand what we’re trying to do. You’re more than some stupid “army”, you’re blood.
Rēd Moon Rēcords
Los Angeles, CA