This is a review of a compilation released by the Moonspell Rites label called "Vol. 1 Scorched Earth" and we will review the tracks one by one.
1.Hyperboarean brings us "Hail Dystopia" a song that is in a more melodic black/death metal direction and also brings in a great amount of blast beats along with a very heavy thrash influence being thrown into the track. as well as some death metal growls.
2.Soul Dissolution brings us "Smell Of Freedom" a song that starts out with clean playing and a minute later goes into a heavier direction before speeding up and adding in blast beats and fast parts that take the song into more of a black metal direction along with some grim screams and the y also mix in the slower parts with the faster sections and the song is 7 minutes in length.
3. Poisoned By Life brings us "Last Breath" a song that starts out with a great amount of distortion and reverb and a minute later the music goes for a slow, dark and heavy doom metal direction that brings in the 70's style melodic vocals.
4 and 5. Ars macabre brings us "Cursed Paradigm and "Illuminati" 2 very fast and aggressive raw black metal tracks that bring in a great amount of blast beats, high pitched grim screams and lyrics that deal with the occult as well as having their slow and melodic moments.
6. Hyperboarean returns with "The Great Pestilence" another song that remains true to their melodic approach to black and death metal while also demonstrating a great amount of talent and skill on the instruments.
7. Leproseey brings us "Essence Of Life" a song that starts out with a bass guitar solo and drums before adding in heavy guitars and blackened death metal growls and screams and the song has a very old school death metal vibe to it.
8. Slaughter Messiah brings us "Black Speed Terror" a song that combines black metal with an old school thrash metal sound as well as adding in German style aggressive vocals that where very common in the 80's.
9. Malauriu brings us "Figlio Della Croce" a song that goes for more of an old school black metal sound along with some grim screams along with some raw riffs and the track sticks to mostly a mid paced direction.
10. Bone Fragments brings us "The Weeds, The Reeds And The Muck" a song that goes for more of gothic blackened doom metal sound bringing in keyboards and grim black metal screams.
11.Leproseey returns with "Lawyer Of the Devil" another very dark old school death metal track that also brings in a great amount of melody, talent and skill on the musical instruments as well as bringing in a mixture of slow and mid paced parts.
12. Dawn Of A Dark Age brings us "The Last Prayer" a song that starts out in more of a fast and raw black metal direction along with some blast beats and grim screams before adding in some melody folk music, experimental and avant garde elements.
13. Principity Of Hell brings us "Codex Inferno" a song that starts off with a powerful bass line before going into an old school black metal direction that also combines the first and second wave styles together.
14. Paimoina brings us "As Plague Scourged This World Apart" a very dark sounding black metal song that also brings in a great amount of fast parts, blast beats, raw aggression along with a decent amount of melody and grim, high pitched screams.
15. Soul Dissolution brings us "This Red Painting In The Skies" another slow and grim black metal song that also brings in a great amount of rawness and melody along with some grim sounding high pitched screams and atmospheric synths.
16. Gromm brings us "The Pest Of Black Metal" a very fast and raw old school style black metal song that uses a great amount of grim screams and the music is very heavily rooted in the 90's tradition.
17 and 18. Mass Hypnosis brings us "God Complex" and "United State of Coma" 2 songs that goes for more of a modern thrash metal direction along with some elements of industrial and the vocals are also very aggressive sounding that bring in a heavy death metal sound.
19 and 20. Graveyard Ghoul brings us "Scraping From a Coffin" and "Sentenced To The Knife" 2 songs that go for an old school 90's death metal sound and also mix it in with a great amount of the more darker and extreme sound of doom metal.
21. Dunnock brings us "Frost Covered Leaves Beneath Our Feet" a very raw, experimental atmospheric and depressive sounding black metal track that also brings in elements of avant garde and ambient music.
22. Edenkaiser brings us "Enter Mephisto" a song that is in more of a fast and raw black metal direction along with a great amount of blast beats and high pitched screams along with a touch of brutal death metal.
23 and 24. Spiritual Desecration brings us "The Death Of Christ" and "Ceremony Of Desecration" 2 songs that combine the heaviest elements of death, black and war metal together along with a great amount of morbid sounding melodies and bestial black/death metal growls and screams.
25. Serepheum brings us "The Avatar Ov Abstract Horrors" a song that starts out with a very dark and melodic guitar lead along with some slow and heavy riffing and the music is heavily rooted in an old school death metal sound which they also mix in with black metal.
26. La-Ventura A New beginning brings us "Trefoil" a song that starts out with some dark and melancholic sounding keyboards before going into a heavier gothic metal direction along with some operatic female vocals.
27. Putrid Christ brings us "Raped In The Ruins of The Woods" a song that is in more of an old school black metal direction bringing in grim screams and riffing that is very raw and the music also brings out a vintage 90's feeling.
28. Bone Fragments return with "Aliens And Clowns" another very dark, melodic and atmospheric sounding gothic black/doom metal track which also brings in some symphonic elements and grim screams.
29. Temple Koludra brings us "Zornissen" a song that is in more of an atmospheric and atmospheric black metal direction while also bringing in a great amount of raw aggression, melody, blast beats and high pitched screams.
30. Serapheum return with "Serapheum -Curse Ov Serapheum" a very dark, raw and melodic black metal song that also brings in grim screams and a decent amount of blast beats and death metal influences.
31. Fathomhell brings us "Serpent II" a song that is in more of a dark, raw and melodic black metal musical direction that also brings in a very grim approach to vocals and a decent amount of solos and leads.
32 and 33. Barzakh brings us "Shadow In the Grief" and "She's Not Honoured" 2 tracks that bring in a very dark and raw black metal sound that are heavily rooted in the 90's tradition and also add in elements of old school death metal.
34. Obsidian Tongue brings us "Brothers In The Stars" a very dark, melodic and heavy atmospheric black metal song that also brings in some progressive elements along with some grim sounding screams and a good touch of post metal.
35. ASG brings us "Wounds From the Past" a very raw and melodic black metal song that brings in high pitched screams and blast beats as well as slowing down at times and you can also hear quite a bit of the 90's Swedish black metal sound in the track.
36.Endlesshade brings us "7" a song that starts out with some atmospheric sounding synths and clean playing a minute later and after awhile growls are added into the music and the song goes for more of a gothic style of doom/death metal while also bringing in a small amount of blast beats and more black metal elements towards the end.
37 and 38. Kirkebrann brings us "Nat alt Dor" and "Tepperfall" 2 songs that are in more of a very fast and raw black metal direction and brings in a great amount of high pitched screams and blast beats along with a good touch of melodic riffing.
39. Melkor closes the compilation with "Irrlicht (Ferne II)" a song that is in more of an atmospheric and dark black metal direction while also bringing in a good amount of melody and grim screams and after awhile goes into more of a progressive direction along with some acoustic guitars and violins being added into t he tracks.
In conclusion I feel this is a very great sounding compilation and I would recommend it to all fans of black, doom, death, gothic, industrial and thrash metal. 8 out of 10.
Awesome.Thanks for the great review, and the very positive feedback.The follow up will be in early November, 2015 Thanks again. Also, visit the Official Moonspell Rites Promotions Wolfs lair.ReplyDelete
The Official Moonspell Rites Promotions Wolfs lair http://mrpwolfslair.blogspot.comDelete