Thursday, October 23, 2014

Metal Machine Interview


1.For those that have never heard of you before, can you tell us a little bit about the musical project?

Csaba Zvekan: Metal Machine was done as a classic metal product packed in a modern package for todays metal World. It’s a more updated version of good old Heavy Metal what your mother used to make back in the days but with a more modern approach.

2.Recently you have released an album, how would you describe the musical sound that is presented on the recording?

Csaba Zvekan: The production is razor-sharp and with the high pitch vocals it’s like we’re up shattering glass or something.

3.What are some of the lyrical topics and subjects you explore with your music?

Csaba Zvekan: Oh there are many things. Each song is different idea or little story. It spawns from fantasy, heavy metal world, rebellion, evil demons, lost friends, magic, secret societies, drug and alcohol abuse, motorcycle clubs and beautiful girls.

4.What is the meaning and inspiration behind the name 'Metal Machine’?

Csaba Zvekan: METAL MACHINE is a shiny, non organic, man made, heavy machinery that once it’s turned on and set in gear it’s like a tank rolling down on stage.

5.On the album you worked with a few session musicians, can you tell us who was a part of the album and also what instruments they played?

Csaba Zvekan: With METAL MACHINE the live line up can change any day and any show. Anybody can be in METAL MACHINE and it will be released probably the last minute before a show starts. This makes things more interesting on who is going to jam this with METAL MACHINE. The same with the records as the focus shall be on the music and not so much on who is performing.

6.Are there any plans in the future to hire a live line -up to do shows or is this strictly a studio project?

Csaba Zvekan: This is everything studio releases and live shows. The line up will change all the time as mentioned above as far as live and recording.

7.The new album was released on Dream Records, can you tell us a little bit more about this label?

Csaba Zvekan: Well, this metal label has existed for almost 25 Years now and was some time in hiatus. Now they found METAL MACHINE and took it under their wings. Thank DREAM RECORDS.

8.On a worldwide level how has the feedback been to your music by fans of heavy metal?

Csaba Zvekan: It is absolutely amazing how people are going nuts for this type of music. I mean I have done a lot of staff and releases and in the very short that we have started to promote this record we get tons of requests of all sorts. This has turned out to be a great product.

9.What is going on with some of the other musical projects or bands these days that you are a part off?

Csaba Zvekan: I am very active with them as well. My idea is to release at least three to four records of various sub genre per year. EXORCISM = DOOM METAL, METAL MACHINE = HEAVY METAL, then I have another POWER METAL product in the pipeline, my first METALCORE and finally a good old school HARD ROCK product  that I am also working on. This is all I do. I sit there in my studio and make metal products then later during the summer I go and perform them on festivals. Let me tell you it’s a lot of fun.

10.Where do you see yourself heading into musically during the future?

Csaba Zvekan: Oh the future to me is unknown as I let myself drift towards it. For me it makes no sense on fantasising what can be in the future. We will see how things will turn out and what comes next. The important thing is what we can achieve today, As yesterday has already past us. Think about it.

11.What are some of the bands or musical styles that have had an influence on your music and also what are you listening to nowadays?

Csaba Zvekan: Well first of all I don’t listen to music as I simply don’t have the time for it. After a days of work in the studio your ears are tired and you are done with music until the next day.  The musical influences in this product are an endless collage of pretty much everything from 1974 - 2014. I have tried to pack in the goodies from four decades and make a modern wrapping to it.

12.What are some of your non musical interests?

Csaba Zvekan: There are two things that I like to do when I am not working with music. I like gardening, especially in a controlled environment like greenhouses, hydra- and aquaponics . The basic art of growing life. The other fascination I have is with embedded programming and electronics. I particular analog and DSP based sound generation. You go figure hahahahaha. Some of my vintage gear comes from the late 70’s and up and is prone to break down. When that happens I mostly know how to repair it.

13.Before we wrap yup this interview, do you have any final words or thoughts?

Csaba Zvekan: I would like to thank you for your interest in METAL MACHINE and for your readers. Great questions thank you so much and come out and see us play sometime in the future. Check the band on Facebook: www.facebook.com/MetalMachineBand


No comments:

Post a Comment