Thursday, September 5, 2013

Pigs Interview

1. Can you give us an update on what is going on with the band these days?
- We're practicing for our upcoming European tour and writing new material.  Also looking into some US tour options for next spring.


2. How would you describe the musical sound of the new record ?
- Total garbage! I never really know how to answer that question.  I suppose everyone can expect a nice loud roller coaster ride.  The newer material we're working on is more a flow of ideas as opposed to structured pieces, which makes for longer songs but, in my opinion, also makes a more interesting final result.

3. What are some of the lyrical topics and subjects the band explores with the new release?
- Some songs go into several topics from verse to verse.  I generally don't set out with a particular theme in mind.  I'll write about anything, whether its something shitty or funny that happened to me or someone I know.  I like leaving lyrics open to interpretation.


4. What is the meaning and inspiration behind the bands name?
- It was short and would be hard for promoters to misspell on a flyer...

5. What are some of the best shows that the band has played so far and how would you describe your stage performance?
- One of my favorites was a Union Pool show
in Brooklyn with our friends The Brought Low, always fun playing with them and at that place.
Our stage performance is usually sweaty, gross and loud.

6. Do you have any touring or show plans for the future?
- Yep.  3 weeks in Europe from October 15th to November 4th 2013.  We'll probably set up a NY show in early October before we leave.


7.The last album came out on Solar Flare Records, can you tell us a little bit more about this label?
- They're very French.  Matthieu Moulin runs it.  Him and I had met previously at a show my other band (Unsane) played in Lyon.  He heard Pigs needed a label and made us an offer we couldn't refuse...  Great guy, great label.

8. On a worldwide level how has the feedback been to your album by fans of underground music?
- The record seems to have been well received everywhere.  It's gotten great reviews, and people I've talked to that bought it are pretty into it.

9. What is going on with the other musical projects these days?
- Absolutely nothing.. Pigs all the way...

10. What direction do you see your music heading into on future releases?
- Tough to say... As I mentioned in an earlier response, we're not sticking to any formatted song structures.  So, longer songs seems to be the 'direction' we're heading in.

11. What are some bands or musical styles that have influenced your music and also what are you listening to nowadays?
- Our influences our fairly wide spread.  Mine tend to float in the Black Flag, ACDC, Cherubs area.  I just got off a tour where I'd listen to Miles Davis (Bitches Brew) and Judy Garland (Live at Carnegie Hall) almost every day.

12.Outside of music what are some of your interests?
- I taught myself 3d animation a few years back and still dabble in selling CG models online.  It's a kind of zen thing for me.

13.Any final words or thoughts before we wrap up this interview?
- blrfffsfhjkiut... Is that a word?

No comments:

Post a Comment