Joe: Currently we are working on putting together some sort of tour to promote our new album. We are also planning to release another video in the near future.
2. How would you describe the musical sound of the new album and how it differs from previous releases?
Nik: The music is more straight forward. We had no concept story this time, so every song stands for itself. We still have fast and slow songs, softer and heavier stuff, but the flow is different. We've grown together as a band. Regarding production it sounds thicker and has more impact I think. "The Final Fall" sounded cleaner and colder, which worked well for the concept story, but this time we were looking for something different.
3. What are some of the lyrical topics and subjects the band explores with the new release?
Joe: Very deep and personal! Life...things I have experienced and a personal private relationship.
4. There was an 8 year gap between albums, can you tell us what was going on during those years?
Nik: We had to deny a tour offer opening for Master in 2005 'cause our original singer left. It took us a long time to find a new guy. I started writing new songs in 2006 and then, during the vocal recordings in late 2009 the guy left and we were in the same situation as before. Luckily Joe agreed to join, but new lyrics and vocal lines had to be written, so it took some more time until we could finish the recording. The mix and search for a label was the next obstacle on this odyssey. But, we finally made it and it definitely won't take us another 8 years for the next album!
5. What is the meaning and inspiration behind the band's name?
Nik: Our original singer came up with the idea. It basically stands for the combination of our sound, a heavy, machine-like groove with a dark and evil attitude.
6. What are some of the best shows that the band has played so far and how would you describe your stage performance?
Nik: We haven't had the chance to play many shows yet, but the best so far definitely was during the "70,000 tons of Metal"-cruise. Regarding stage performance, there's always room for improvements, especially since we only played 2 shows with this line-up.
7. Do you have any touring plans for the new album?
Joe: We don't have any shows booked yet, but we are working on it. Interested bookers can contact us. Festivals in 2014 are up on the priority list.
8. On a worldwide level how has the feedback been to the newer music by fans of metal?
Nik: So far we received very good reactions from fans, existing and new ones. We never tried to follow a certain trend and I think people respect this.
9. What is going on with the other musical projects these days?
Nik: I am going on tour with my other band "Necros Christos" this fall and we're also working on new material for the next album.
Joe: I have reformed my old band Liege Lord. We will be writing and recording a new album next year.
10. What direction do you see your music heading into on future releases?
Nik: We won't try to re-invent metal music and haven't so far, but we'll always try to do our own thing and stay true to ourselves. Maybe even another concept story, even if it's only for 3 songs - we'll see....
Joe: We just want to create music we are happy with, proud of and that is true to ourselves.
11. What are some bands or musical styles that have influenced your newer music and also what are you listening to nowadays?
Nik: I am a huge fan of Devin Townsend and listened to a lot of his stuff recently. But I also enjoy CCR, Peter Gabriel, Queen but also Depeche Mode for example or oriental music. I'm very open minded - music should have no barriers.
Joe: I agree, but maybe not with those bands! Hahaha. As long as it’s good I’ll dig it.
12. Outside of music what are some of your interests?
Nik: well, I have a job, a girlfriend and 2 bands, this doesn't leave much time for anything else, trust me. But sometimes I manage to practice a bit on my guitar....
Joe: I’m an extremely busy person also…I enjoy it all…life in general.
13. Any final words or thoughts before we wrap up this interview?
Nik: it would be nice if people could compare us less with Annihilator. We have 3 former members in the band and yes, we play Thrash Metal, but that's about it. And, thank you very much for the interview!
Joe: I agree. We play thrash, but I don’t consider us to be stuck with the title of a thrash band. I’d like to think we offer much more variance.
Thanks for your support! Please check us out at www.duskmachine.,com and www.facebook.com/duskmachine