Rob: Gearing up for the release of "Fate is Your Muse", coming out on Ripple Music this April.
2. How would you describe the musical sound of the new album and how it differs from previous releases?
5. What are some of the best shows that the band has played so far and how would you describe your stage performance?
6. Do you have any touring plans for the future?
Rob: Work in progress, but yes... Ultimate goal is to get over to Europe, we just need to find some sponsor(s)...
7. Currently you are signed to Ripple Music, how did you get in contact with this label and how would you describe the support they have given you so far?
8. On a worldwide level how has the feedback been to your music by fans of rock and metal?
9. Are there any other musical projects going on these days?
Rob: I think Chad (drums) always has something in his pocket. Steve also plays guitar with legendary Apostle of Solitude. Not sure if Matt has anything else going on, and I’ve been thinking about re-constructing a thrash/death metal band again. Time will tell.
10. What direction do you see your music heading into on future releases?
Rob: Hard to say when you have 4 guys all listening to different styles, thinking about different things and experiencing life in their own way. Those all really impact the song writing process. Lyrical content has traditionally been Steve's domain, so that will really depend on where his head is at when we sit down to work on the next release for Ripple Music.
11. What are some bands or musical styles that have influenced your music and also what are you listening to nowadays?
Rob: I think we're fans of all sorts of music. From classical to punk, old school country to death metal. We're all over the place, especially on long road trips when Steve bombards us with The Coasters, which I suddenly can't stop listening to...
Steve: the Coasters have been an influence since I was just a little kid. My first two records I bought were Funny Bone Favorites type goofy-ass song compilations. Now, I love me some metal and heaviness, but I love melodies, and I dig catchy stuff. I love good songs. I try not to have any limitations and listen with an open mind. Some things take longer to grow on me. Some of my favorite bands are Goatsnake, Eldemur Krimm, ZZ Top, Mr. Bungle… the list goes on. When the band started, our influences were C.O.C., Sabbath, Kyuss, Clutch & Orange Goblin, etc. We always tried to do our own thing and that ended up pulling us in different directions, in a good way. It’s part of the journey that got us here today.
12. Outside of music what are some of your interests?
Rob: I’m big into camping, fishing and cigars.
Steve: I like traveling, sweepstakes, hanging with animals and listening to my intuition.
13. Any final words or thoughts before we wrap up this interview.
Rob: Thank you for the taking the time to write. We hope you enjoy "Fate is Your Muse".